La Maison de la Tante in Bellenaves
- Sleeping facilities for 2 people (double bed)
- Bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen and courtyard
The cottage has a ground floor, a mezzanine, a courtyard and a wine cellar.
It is a cosy and romantic cottage for a couple, with one large living space (50 m2) and a mezzanine bedroom reached by the stone staircase, overlooking the entire room below and affording beautiful views of the original beams. It has a new bathroom, an open kitchen and a pleasant atmosphere. Outside, the small courtyard is planted with roses. The cellar has a small stock of wine and is pleasant and cool in the warm summer days.
The village “auberge” is just down the street, and they serve very good and modestly priced regional food. For even better fare, there are a large number of very reasonably-priced restaurants in neighbouring villages.
A bit of history:
Silva’s mother was from Bellenaves, and consequently she has many relatives there. An aunt, knowing our interest in old houses, told us one day to have a look at an abandoned house in Bellenaves. It had been empty for the last 30 years and nobody was interested in it. We had passed it often, but had never noticed it until we gave it a second look. Indeed, it turned out to be a house from the Renaissance (16th century) as revealed by the typical stone-framed windows, the thick walls, the stone staircase to the 1st floor and the beautiful vaulted cellar.
During the course of restoring it, we had to peel off years of alterations which were masking its true beauty, and now it is showing itself as an old beautiful house once again.
If you wish to learn more about the village of Bellenaves itself, please click here.
- 350€ per month all year (minimum rental period is 3 months)
- Heating: heating pump, electric radiators and fireplace
- INCLUDED: water and cleaning upon departure
- EXCLUDED: electricity, broadband, linen and firewood
- For reservations to become effective, a deposit of one months rent is required (fully refundable at departure)
- A full month’s rent is payable in advance upon arrival. Cash or cheques only
- Pets are welcome in all our houses
- A baby cot and high chair are available upon request
- Please note that bed covers and pillows are provided