La Maison de Dame Lapin in Bellenaves
- Sleeping facilities for 2 people (double bed)
- Bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchenette, courtyard with BBQ and access to garden
The cottage has 2 floors, both with large fireplaces. Upstairs is the dining-room with a large old table, the kitchenette and the bathroom. From the upper floor there is direct access to the part of a large garden which belongs to the cottage.
Downstairs is the bedroom with an old typical French bed (130 cm) and two lounge chairs next to the elevated fire-place. Outside is a small walled courtyard with vines on the walls, deck furniture and a BBQ.
The village “auberge” is just opposite, and they serve very good and modestly priced regional food. For even better fare, there are a large number of very reasonably-priced restaurants in neighbouring villages.
A bit of history:
Until 1934, this house belonged to the Marquis de Salvert de Bellenaves. It is situated on the location of the castle’s old vineyard and is 100 m from its gates. In old times it was inhabited by 2 families working at the castle. During WW2, it housed Belgian refugees and was lately occupied by an old lady whose livelihood was the collection and tanning of rabbit (Lapin in French) skins, thereby its name.
If you wish to learn more about the village of Bellenaves itself, please click here.
- €300 per month all year (minimum rental period is 3 months)
- Heating: heating pump, electric radiators and fireplace
- INCLUDED: water and cleaning upon departure
- EXCLUDED: electricity, broadband, linen and firewood
- For reservations to become effective, a deposit of one months rent is required (fully refundable at departure)
- A full month’s rent is payable in advance upon arrival. Cash or cheques only
- Pets are welcome in all our houses
- A baby cot and high chair are available upon request
- Please note that bed covers and pillows are provided